Observerships in obstetrics and gynecology are available to U.S. medical students and international medical students. Qualified participants will rotate through the various areas of the OB/GYN Department including Labor and Delivery, UM clinics, and the Divisions of Gynecologic Oncology, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and Maternal-Fetal Medicine. This program is strictly tutorial and does not involve research, patient care or contact. Additionally, educational credits are not available through this program.
Please note that we are not currently accepting applications for U.S. or international physician observers.
Our program focuses on medical student observers.
You should make arrangements for the observership at least 90 days in advance. When contacting the residency coordinator, make sure you can answer the following questions:
- When are you planning to complete your observership?
- How long will you be observing?
- Which area(s) of obstetrics and gynecology are you interested in observing?
Areas in our department include: general obstetrics and gynecology, maternal-fetal medicine, reproductive endocrinology and infertility and gynecologic oncology.
U.S. Medical Student Observer
To be eligible for an observership, you must be a fourth year medical student from a school accredited by the Liasion Committee on Medical Education. Tuition for the program is $250 per month. You must apply online via Visting Student Application Service (VSAS). For more information contact Tameka Collins at 305-585-5586, email@example.com.
Fourth-year visiting medical students must also submit the following documentation:
- Copy of a valid U.S. passport
- Proof of Visa or U.S. residency
- Letter of good standing from your dean’s office verifying your credentials
- Letter confirming that you are covered for malpractice insurance by your own institution while working in Miami
- Proof of personal medical/health insurance
- Proof of vaccinations
- Copy of your Curriculum Vitae
International Medical Student Observer
To be eligible for an observership, you must provide:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of Graduation
- Current photo (2” x 4” )
- Letters of Recommendation
- Copies of Medical Licenses (if applicable)
- Copy of a valid passport
- Visa or proof of U.S. residency
- Proof of health Insurance
- Tuition ($250 per month)